1.01.2010

good-bye 2009, hello 2010

We had a debate last night about how we will refer to the year we just entered. Twenty-ten? Two thousand ten? Oh-ten? Personally, I am partial to Twenty-ten over any of the other options because it is clear to me what specifically I am referring to and working in a professional environment I tend to lean towards anything that is clear. It will be interesting to see how different people refer to this new year.


I am eight miles outside of Shelbina this evening. Our trip was postponed about a week due to our inability to drive our vehicle out of my parents neighborhood, and the fact that even if we got a car out we would not have felt safe driving on I-29. We encountered no difficulties on our way here, excepted for the stinging cold getting us when we tried to unpack the car. The temperature estimate for Omaha tomorrow morning is a balmy -14 and I would imagine it will not be much warmer here. It makes me appreciate the wood stove in my in-laws dining room and the fact that my mother-in-law turned the heated mattress pad on in anticipation of our arrival hours before we arrived. Getting out of bed tomorrow may be the only challenge ;)

No comments: