12.10.2009

No Shampoo

I've decided to try something that I have heard several people talk about - not shampooing my hair.  I've been having some issues with my hair lately and decided to try it to see if it helps.  Basically, the idea behind the no shampoo method is that our bodies have natural capability to regulate the natural oils in our hair, but shampooing out the oils destroys the balance.  If you are like me, your hair appears incredibly oily when you don't shampoo on a given day and the theory is that this happens because our bodies are trying to compensate for the fact that we stripped out all of the oil the day before.  So, the idea is that by not shampooing for a long period of time, our hair will naturally regulate itself to the perfect balance. You can read more about it here.

After reading about the no shampoo method, I have decided to give it a try for six weeks. I plan to follow the advice on the website (I just don't have any apple cider vinegar at the moment) and hope to see results soon.  For the time being, I have just been using conditioner to "wash" my hair.  I'll update here regarding how the experiment is working.

No comments: