After a brief traffic jam, and a quick stop at Trader Joe's for some dinner I made my way back to the hotel for some work and homework yesterday. Had planned on getting a workout in, but was not really feeling well so I skipped the workout, got a ton of stuff done (but still have more to do tonight) and headed to bed early.
Today I am at Stanford - which is one of the most beautiful campuses. It is also HUGE! There is lots of open greenspace and tree covered areas. The Spanish style stucco buildings with red tiles roofs are amazing- it is easy to see why some of the best and brightest choose Stanford. And everyone has a bike and rides it everywhere! There are literally hundreds of bikes parked outside of every building and the time between classes looks like a mini version of the Tour de France. The multitude of bikes give the campus a warm, wholesome, earthy feel.
I am struggling right now to find a balance between work, schoolwork, and finding some downtime. It is easy to become a workaholic when I am traveling and I need to find some time for me while I am here.
No comments:
Post a Comment