Matt and I enjoyed a trip to the grocery store tonight. We needed to "stock up" on quite a few things - flour, eggs, etc. We had a list walking in, but as usual, we grabbed stuff as we went along. The strawberries looked so good when we first walked in the door, and they were cheap (in comparison to what we paid earlier this summer) so we picked some up and I cannot wait to enjoy them. I also picked up a peach, but I'm not very hopefully about it. I'll leave it on the counter for a couple of days to see if it ripens, but it was pretty hard to begin with. However, I love peaches so I'll give it a try.
While we were walking through the store we passed this poor guy standing between the dairy section and the frozen foods section. This is the conversation that occurred;
Him: "Can I ask your opinion about something?"
Matt: "Sure"
Him: "If you were given a list and told to purchase heavy whipping cream, would you purchase a container of cool whip?:
Matt: "No"
Me:"Let me help you find that."
Matt: "I've made enough homeade ice cream to have that one covered."
The guy and I walked towards the milk.
Me: It will be in a smaller container than milk, but it should be over here."
Him: "A container like cottage cheese?"
Me: "No, a container like a little milk carton."
I think he was pretty surprised when he saw what heavy whipping cream actually looked like. I left him examining the two different sizes (1 quart, and 1 pint) that they sell it in trying to figure out how much he was supposed to purchase. I told him I couldn't help with that.
Poor guy, he was so confused. At least he was smart enough to ask instead of showing up with Cool Whip when his wife asked for heavy whipping cream :)
There was also a mom at the store who was rapidly losing control of her two sons. They were yelling loudly, and usually in response to getting hit or kicked by each other. I felt sorry for her, because it looked like she was just trying to pick up a few things and they were making it very difficult for her.
Our office will be holding Stephanie's baby shower tomorrow. We are actually closing the office early to head to the Twisted Fork in the Old Market for starters and desserts. Alice will be here in a few weeks and it will be fun to celebrate with Stephanie. I tried to include a link to the restaurant above, but they don't seem to have a webstite. I'll try to take some pictures to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment