I crossed my first "weight" milestone tonight by leaving the 170s behind.
Starting Weight: 175.9 lbs
Last Week: 170.5 lbs
New Weight: 169.4 lbs
Loss for the Week: 1.4
Total Loss: 6.5 lbs - YAY!
I feel very comfortable and relaxed about this weight loss. Typically, losing weight is a stressful process for me because I become consumed with what I should, and should not be doing (or what I should, or should not be eating) and when I become consumed I become overwhelmed and chicken out. But this time I feel in control, but I also feel that it is a much more natural process. I'm not counting calories, or points or anything else. I'm merely looking at food in an entirely different way. I'm actually enjoying food more now than I did before - even though I didn't think that was possible.
This journey is a long-term one for me. I know that it has to be in order for me to be content with myself and with my body. I complete understand the concept of being content with your own body, and I reached a point where I was not comfortable in my own skin. This discomfort lead to great change and it feels great.
No comments:
Post a Comment