10.04.2009

and do it begins...

I decided awhile ago that I was going to try really hard to blog throughout my fall travel. My job as an admission counselor requires me to travel during certain portions of the year- mainly the fall, which us admission folks loving refer to as travel season. This is the third year I have spent most of October traveling to different cities to meet student, but this is by far the most extensive travel I have done. Between today, Sunday, October 4th, and Sunday, November 8th, I will spend only four nights in my own bed. Typically, my travel involves leaving on Sunday or Monday of each week and returning on Thursday or Friday allowinf me enough time to spend a little time with the hubby, to unpack, repack and get back out on the road.

The way my travel falls this year, returning home just does not make much sense. My territory is the west coast (California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Hawaii) and a long trip home and dealing with jetlag (something I suffer from horribly) to get to spend less than 24 hours at home just isn't worth it.

And it all starts today. After attending the fabulous wedding of my equally fabulous friend Robyn (a wedding which included a MARCHING BAND!!), and then heading to work for our Open House, I got dropped off at the airport bound for San Francisco. I currently find myself in the Denver airport doing some quality people watching and wishing I had just checked my bag instead of carrying on.

No comments: