7.23.2009

Summer Fading...

This summer is just flying by. The month of July especially. Matt and I have had guest each of the last three weekends (his parents, then his sister and family, then our friends Andrew and Amy). It seems we have spent each week looking forward to a fun weekend and the weeks just keep rolling by. This weekend I get the house to myself as Matt heads to softball camp in Wayne with his players. As of right now the only plans I have are to cook with my sister on Sunday. She sent me and email and said that she is interested in learning how to make scones and chicken pot pie (an interesting summer choice, but we can go with it) and wanted to enjoy some sister time by getting together with me to cook/bake this weekend. I have a Guinness Brownie recipe I have been wanting to try so we may throw that in also.

Saturday has left itself nicely open for me. I plan to spend the day catching up on some paperwork, getting some things done so I can start classes this fall, possibly setting up my study room in our small guest bedroom, reading (trying to finish HP and the Half-Blood Prince so I can see the movie) and working on a couple of crafting projects. I anticipate spending the entire day in solitude and plan to thoroughly enjoy every minute of it.

Matt and I will be out of town each of the next two weekends and then I will be gone the weekend after that so I plan to thoroughly enjoy a weekend of no guests, no travel, and a quite house.

We will just have to see how Matt enjoys a weekend of teenagers. He may go into hiding for a few days when he returns :)

No comments: