9.26.2008

Back in Seattle

I've been back in Seattle for the last two days. I'm attending the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) national annual conference. The conference brings together college admission counselors who work for colleges, and high school college counselors who advise students entering college. The conference does have some presentations and information that is applicable for graduate admission counselor, but it is much more applicable for those involved in the high school to college transition. However, it is nice to hook up with others in my profession and gain new ideas.
Kim and I wandered down to the coast last night for some seafood. We found a great place called The Crab Pot where you can order a meal that is literally dumped onto the middle of your table for you to dig in. Ours included clams, mussels, andouille sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes, and shrimp. It was delicious but far too much food.
I took off from the conference for a little while today to visit with students at Seattle University. I really enjoyed seeing campus and it reminded me alot of Creighton. Tonight Kim and I will be attending an event hosted by Hobson's, which is a company that provides recruitment products for universities. It is free event at an Irish Pub a little ways from our hotel. Hopefully it will be a good time.
I've been trying to keep my eating in check during my trip. I have been good about exercising, but my diet has been a little more liberal than I was at home. I figure that if I keep exercising I should be able to at least maintain my weight and then continue once my schedule is settled again.

No comments: