Matt and I were able to leave at noon last Friday to begin the trip to Saint Louis for Laura and Matt's wedding. I was planning on working the whole day, but there was the possibility of storms for Friday afternoon so Kim let me take off early. We arrived at Matt's parent's house about dinner time and spent the evening hanging at home with them. There is always interestng conversation - at one piont Matt's dad said,
"Well, weren't you in the car with me that time when we saw the donkey riding around in the back of the station wagon?"
You just never know with them..
We arrived in Saint Louis about 2:30 on Saturday afternoon and met up with April, Robyn, Brian, Megan, and Zae at the hotel they were all staying at that happened to be right next door to the reception site. We spent some time catching up and got ready for the wedding there. The ceremony took place at a beautiful Lutheran church in Old Saint Charles. I tried to get pictures inside the church, but the lighting and my camera were not agreeing - none of the pictures turned out :(
After the wedding we headed to the reception - and I personally think we had the best table in the place. There were nine of us who sat together for dinner - Matt, myself, Brad, Andrew, Meg, Zae, Brian, Robyn, and April, then Angie and Shana joined us later. We enjoyed good food, lots of time to chat, great dancing music, and generally a good time for friends. The girls got to dance to some "Dancing Queen" and "Love Shack" and we watched Laura enjoy the first evening of her married life.
I got some great photos of the evening.
Laura and Matt -the first dance
620 Girls
Shana and Brad
April and Angie
April, Brian, and Robyn
Aren't they cute?
Angie, Shana, and myself
Matt and I
At Laura's bridal shower in May I got the chance to meet her matron of honor and friend, Jodi, for the first time. For some reason, we really hit it off. I was able to see her again at Laura's bachelorette last month and saw her at the wedding. We just seem to be kindred spirits - instant friends. I was able to meet her adorable baby, Taya, at the wedding. Taya was a mere 17 days old on Saturday and was a trooper for the entire, crazy day. Jodi and I were able to chat a bit at the reception and I hope to connect up with her again the next time I make my way to Saint Louis.
Matt and I stayed Saturday night with Doug, Rachel and Logan. We woke up Sunday morning to Doug making fantastic homemade waffles. We spent some time with them before heading back to Omaha. They will be welcoming a son later this month and I can't wait to meet him. Logan and I became buddies the last time we stayed with them and it was fun to see him again.
1 comment:
Aww, everyone looks great! How fun.
Post a Comment