Today was a little rough at work, so I took my stress out on the treadmill at 24 Hour Fitness. It was good to really get moving.
I normally watch TV while I am working out, but a couple of weeks ago I downloaded Can you Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella (from the Shopaholic series) onto my iPod and have been listening to it. I've found it is a great way to enjoy my workout! It definitely gives me an alternative when the only thing on TV is Wheel of Fortune or Extra (as was the case tonight), and my workout goes by really quickly. I'm about halfway through the book, so I will have to start picking out a new one soon.
I'm ready for a weekend - a calm one. Matt and I were in KC three weeks ago (after dealing with the storm damage on Friday night), and the swim trials the following weekend, and in Saint Louis last weekend. I need to clean my house from top to bottom and get some things done for myself around here. Matt is going to see The Dark Knight on Sunday with a friend of his who is coming to town and I have family dinner on Sunday.
We might have guests tomorrow night as my parents had a wood floor installed last week and they finished it with a glossy finish instead of a semi-gloss and have to come to their house tomorrow to make the correction. My parents have to stay off the floor for a minimum of five hours after the application, which means they need to be out of the house because the wood floor covers almost the entire first floor of their house. So, depending on when they make it over to do the application, they might be at our house tomorrow night. It is also supposed to rain all day tomorrow which will mean the humidity will be high and it will take longer to dry - as it what happened one day earlier this week when they added a layer of finish. They stayed at our house all last weekend as well (when we were gone) because they had done the staining and the fumes are really bad after they do that. It was a little strange for us to have houseguests when we were not here.
No comments:
Post a Comment