I stopped by my parent's house tonight to drop something off with my mom. As I was leaving we were standing outside talked about the stripes of paint my parents have painted on the front of their house in an attempt to determine which color they are going to paint it - they currently have two stripes and will likely have more in the coming days. My parents have roofing supplies all over their front porch and on their roof because the crew is supposed to arrive in the next couple of days to start working. Their next door neighbor, Jim, who was also our realtor, was getting an estimate from the same company my parents are going with. As I was leaving, the estimator was walking over to talk to my parents. My dad called right after I got home to tell me that the estimator told them that they delivered the supplies for my parents house because it is only way they can guarantee the estimated cost because shingles have been going up on price. While he was there my parents mentioned that Matt and I were waiting for an estimate from their company. In the conversation, they mentioned that our insurance company had only allowed us insurance money for 1/2 of a roof because they claimed the back part of our roof (which faces east) did not get pelted by the hail like the front part did. He told my parents to have Matt and I call him tomorrow morning and he would come give us an estimate himself and would go to bat for us with the insurance company if necessary. Hopefully, we are on our way to getting everything settled after the storm.
My Cardinals won again tonight. They have been completely hot/cold since the All Star Break. They won four against the Padres, lost four to the Brewers, won, lost, and won against the Mets, and have now beaten the Atlanta Braves in three straight games. And they have scored a ton of runs in the last couple of innings in each game. Carpenter returned tonight, pitched four, and only gave up one run.
No comments:
Post a Comment