6.24.2007

Updates!

I need to be more dedicated about updating this. I just wish I knew if anyone was reading it...the only person who has ever commented is my sister...so if anyone else is out there reading, leave me a quick message just so I know you are there :)
I visited the Farmer's Market with friends (Joan and Beth) yesterday morning. I purchased a couple of items for the care package I am preparing for Jamison. I have a few more things to prepare before I am ready to send it off to Qutar. I also purchase these wonderful treats called "Loveknots" - which are wonder puffs of dough folded into knots with cream cheese frosting on top. Worth every second on the treadmill to burn them off :) Next time I'm hitting the market earlier because the lady selling the berries was sold out!
After I returned home from Joan's house, I ate some lunch and laid down on the couch to watch some TV. I woke up a little while later and moved to the bedroom for a more comfortable nap. I woke up 3 HOURS LATER feeling not really all that refreshed. I probably could have fallen back asleep except by then it was 5pm and I was afraid that I would not go to sleep last night. I often nap, but usually only for a half an hour or less. Three hours is completely out of the ordinary for me. Let's hope my body was just catching up on some sleep.
Matt and I are making plans for our "honeymoon" - we bought our tickets last week and are finalilzing our itinerary. I think we have decided to drive up to Seattle for a day or two. This wasn't orginally in our plans, but we are so close and it would be really fun to visit another city. I ended up getting out tickets on priceline.com and got a relatively good deal. Flying to the Northwest is really expensive - the cheapest tickets Matt and I could find online were around $400-450 each. Because we really didn't have a specific time we needed to arrive or leave Portland, we could go with priceline and see what kind of deal we could get. It ended up being an okay deal and actually extended our trip by a day because we are taking the red-eye out of Portland and won't get into Kansas City until about 9am the next morning. I've been doing research online and planning out all of the places for us to visit. Thank goodness for the internet!!
My friend Sara's husband Kenny arrived back in Lincoln today..he has been in Iraq since October 2005 and is finally home. Sara and Kenny were married mere weeks before he deployed so you can imagine how much she has been waiting for this day. She was trying to keep herself busy this entire last week to keep her mind off of the fact that he was finally coming home. They held a huge celebration at Haymarket Park this morning for all the Nebraska Army National Guard members who were finally returning home to their families. It really puts the idea of sacrifice into perspective.

No comments: